Why Lloret Turisme?

Lloret Turisme (Lloret Futur S.A.) was set up to address the changes and trends in the new international tourism environment. The aim of this new tourism policy is to improve competitiveness in respect of emerging destinations, to define new tourism management strategies and models, and to reposition the destination in international markets. Its mission is:
  • To improve the management and planning of local tourism policy due to its importance in the town's economy.
  • To promote and provide support for the marketing of Lloret as a tourist destination.
  • To channel the initiatives of the private sector and coordinate actions with other tourism organisations and brands, such as the Costa Brava, Catalonia and Turespaña.

What is Lloret Turisme?

Lloret Turisme is a management body that coordinates, implements and supervises tourism policy, serving as a hub for the coordination of all the institutions and companies involved in the sector. Lloret Turisme is a division of the Municipal Company LLORET FUTUR, S.A. This management body was taking over the work carried out by the Municipal Tourist Board and the Tourism Promotion Committee set up in 1997.

Who forms part of Lloret Turisme?

LLORET FUTUR, SA is composed of a General Meeting of Shareholders and a Board of Directors, presided over by Lloret de Mar Town Council and formed by members of the political parties with municipal representation.

What does Lloret Turisme do?

Lloret Turisme carries out its work in accordance with the guidelines of the Strategic Tourism Plan 2010-2014 and the Lloret de Mar Tourism Reconversion Plan 2015-2020.

Lloret Turisme implements an annual Marketing and Promotion Action Plan with the aim of promoting and providing support for the marketing of Lloret's products and companies. This consists of defining the products to be promoted, the markets in which to promote them and the promotional actions to be employed.

Lloret Turisme also implements a communication pla with the goal of developing Lloret's image. This is a long-term strategy that involves significant communication work, along with product structuring.

Lloret Turisme receives 95% of its funding from the municipal authorities and the remaining 5% from the private sector through participation in joint actions.

Lloret Turisme manages the following tourism facilities and products:

  • Visitor assistance and information. Management of the tourist offices and tourist information ICT tools.
  • Specialisation ad promotion of the various tourism products (urban beach, sports tourism, active tourism, culture, shopping, gastronomy, MICE, events).
  • Lloret Convention Bureau.
  • Lloret Film Office.
  • Beach boosting programme.

Timeline

  • 1993Creation of the Lloret de Mar Tourist Board
  • 1998Creation of the Local Agenda 21 sustainable tourism initiative
  • 2000Execution of the Lloret Excellence in Tourism Plan
  • 2001Creation of Lloret Turisme
  • 2006Sports Tourism seal (DTE) awarded by the Catalan Tourism Agency
  • 2006Q for Quality seals awarded to the tourist offices
  • 2006Family Tourism seal (DTF) awarded by the Catalan Tourism Agency
  • 2009Creation of the Lloret Convention Bureau
  • 2010-2014Implementation of the Strategic Tourism Plan
  • 2014Drawing up of the Lloret de Mar Pilot Plan
  • 2015Approval of the Lloret de Mar Pilot Plan