One of the key strategic areas for Lloret de Mar in 2021 is sustainability, which it is addressing through two specific projects: on the one hand, the diagnosis and definition of the 2021-2023 Lloret de Mar Sustainable Tourism Action Plan; and, on the other hand, the Greentour project, which focuses on ecolabelling and the circular economy.
The tourism sector requires a standardized grouping framework to define, evaluate, and modify strategies, balancing environmental, economic, and social value. The result should provide tools that incorporate both consumers and public managers in the decision-making process towards a more sustainable tourism.
The Greentour project addresses several innovation actions framed within a transregional grouping model that include:
- Methodologies and actions to promote the circular economy in the tourism sector on a transregional scale not previously addressed;
- Scientific and methodological innovation with an eco-labeling to assess the environmental impacts with a life cycle perspective caused by tourist activity in a destination, in addition to the economic and social variables;
- Promote interregional cooperation in the SUDOE area between institutions and policy makers, taking into account the validation of the tourism sector of the proposed tools and strategies.
In addition to Lloret de Mar (Catalonia), other pilot destinations are taking part in the project, such as Ordino (Andorra), Massif du Sancy (Auvergne), Camino Lebaniego (Cantabria), Rias Baixas (Pontevedra), and Guimarães (Portugal). All of them with relevant natural and cultural heritage and that will act as ambassadors of the ecolabel in SUDOE.
Greentour project proposes to create alliances among tourist destinations, including locations classified as UNESCO heritage, in Spain, France, Andorra, and Portugal, and technical partners with extensive experience in the study, development and implementation of environmentally efficient systems.
The objective is to move towards a new environmental, economic and social model while informing the consumer and obtaining his/her commitment to the environment in which the tourist activity takes place.
Greentour is an opportunity to incorporate more competitive services that respect the natural and cultural heritage, providing socioeconomic value to the SUDOE region, and strengthening the sector facing future challenges.
The consortium is composed of 4 research entities and 5 destination managers:
- Escuela Superior de Comercio Internacional de la Universidad Pompeu Fabra (Project coordinator) https://www.esci.upf.edu/es/
- LLORET FUTUR, S.A. lloretdemar.org
- Universidad de Cantabria https://web.unican.es/investigacion
- Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes Tourisme auvergnerhonealpes-tourisme.com
- Fundación camino lebaniego caminolebaniego.com
- Fundación Centro Tecnológico de Eficiencia y Sostenibilidad Energética energylab.es
- Universidade de Aveiro www.ua.pt
- Diputación De Pontevedra https://turismoriasbaixas.com/inicio
- Laboratorio de Paisagem www.labpaisagem.pt
- Ayuntamiento de Camaleño
- Centro de Estudios Lebaniegos y Torre del Infantado
- Ajuntament de Lloret de Mar
- Ayutamiento de Potes
- Patronat de Turisme de la Costa Brava Girona
- Turismo de Galicia
- Ayuntamiento de Cillorigo de Liebana
- Ayuntamiento de Pesaguero
- Ayuntamiento de Ourese
- Ayuntamiento de Cabezon de Liebana
- Connectingbrains / Connecting with Innovation S.L..
- Conseil régional Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes
- Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes Energie Environnement
- Office de Tourisme du Massif du Sancy
- Câmara Municipal de Arganil
- Municipio de Mértola
- Turismo do Alentejo e do Ribatejo, E.R.T.
- Andorra Innovation Hub – Fundació Actuatech
- Gobierno Andorra – Ministeri Medi Ambient i Sostenibilitat
- Observatori de la Sostenibilitat d’Andorra
- About Interreg Sudoe Programme
The Interreg Sudoe Programme https://interreg-sudoe.eu is part of the European territorial cooperation objective known as Interreg, which is financed by one of the European structural funds: the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).